Pure Sleep is defined as a mandibular advancement device also known as MAD. It works by holding the jaw in a forward position. Doing this reduces the risk of your tongue collapsing in your throat causing a partial obstruction of the airway. When the airway is kept clear, your soft tissues won’t vibrate, and no vibration means no snoring. A pure sleep device comes in two pieces. First, you have an upper and lower piece that can be connected using one of these settings. A PureSleep device can help you prevent further problems involving sleep apnea and snoring disorders.
These are some of the factors you have to consider when buying a pure sleep device
Definition of pure sleep
This device is a prescription mouthpiece marketed as a treatment for snoring. This self-molded retainer is said to be recommended by doctors and dentists for several years as an effective means to reduce snoring and sleep apnea.
How does it work
Pure Sleep uses a mandibular repositioning technique wich gently holds the lower jaw forward of its normal position while you´re asleep. This process simply opens the airway enough so that air moves through unobstructed. When the air passage is free, there is no more snoring and vibration. A pure sleep device is an upper and lower piece that is joined in three settings depending on your bite. Finally, once the pieces are connected, the device is boiled to soften and make it pliable so it can be molded into your mouth for a more custom fit.
- Customizable: The unit is adjustable by multiple setting at the time it is custom-fitted.
- FDA. Cleared: It has gain clearance from FDA for reducing snoring in adults
- Sound concept: Pure sleep uses a technique that is already clinically proven to open the airway passages that reduces snoring.
- These devices typically last from six to nine months unless you grind
- Air holes allow you to breathe through your mouth.
- Once molded, settings can’t be changed
- Take two weeks to arrive when ordered on the internet
- Cleaning takes more effort than some other mouthpieces
- This device might cause drooling and jaw soreness
- Pure sleep can’t be worn with full dentures and loose teeth
- Discomfort: It can cause soreness in the jaw at first use, and adjustment period takes a few nights of consistent use.
- Teeth and gums can get sore as well like get braces or a retainer for the first time.
Snoring might not be uncommon among women and men, but is clearly an issue considering the number of people who are looking several methods to stop snoring. You can choose from jaw straps, nasal strips, pillow, herbal medicine, oral devices. Is usually more comfortable than CPAP machines, and it is totally noninvasive compared to surgery. So if you are looking for an effective anti-snoring device, you can’t go far wrong with this nicely priced. This video might help you understand a little better the importance of sleeping and some of the health benefits of doing it.